Beth Piecora Elected Chair of Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors
Friday, February 10, 2012
Disability Rights Florida announces the election of Beth Piecora as the 2012-2013 Chair of its Board of Directors. Ms. Piecora has been a member of the Board since 2008 and was a member of the agency’s PAIMI Advisory Council from 2005-2009.
Ms. Piecora is the mother of two adult children, both of whom were diagnosed with mental health disorders as toddlers. Beth has a B.S. in Elementary Education from the University of South Florida and a B.S. in Advertising from the University of Florida. Beth is a certified Family Peer Specialist and co-authored “Parents as Colleagues within a Local Mental Health System” published in the Child & Family Professional Journal. She is a certified trainer for the National Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health and works as a Parent Consultant on the Start-up Teams and Site Visit Teams for Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services for Children and their Families Program. In Hillsborough County Florida, she works for Success 4 Kids and Families and has assisted in the development and implementation of Florida’s first Consumer Directed Care Initiative for Children.
Beth has worked in Tampa and statewide as a child and family advocate for the last fourteen years. She served on the Florida PTA’s Board of Directors and legislative committee. In 2004, she started the first religious education program for children with special needs at her church and has served as the program’s instructor for the last eight years. Beth is also a member of the National Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health and NAMI.
Tags for this Postboard of directors,
- Disability Rights Florida Saddened by Loss of Former Board Member Milton Aponte - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Disability Rights Florida is Accepting Applications to its Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Peter Schoemann Appointed as Chair of the Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Name. Same Protection and Advocacy. - 1 tag match(es) (100%)