Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director
Thursday, December 10, 2009
The Board of Directors of Disability Rights Florida is proud to present Robert E. Whitney as its new Executive Director. Mr. Whitney joined Disability Rights Florida in September 2006 as its Director of Finance and Administration. He then assumed the role of Interim Executive Director in October 2008. Mr. Whitney’s decades of work in the private financial sector are complemented by his extensive experience in nonprofit management.
During his tenure at Disability Rights Florida, Mr. Whitney has advanced Disability Rights Florida’s legal, advocacy and communications work as well as strengthened its financial and administrative infrastructure.
The announcement was made by incoming Board Chair Pete Schoemann at Disability Rights Florida’s Quarterly Board of Directors meeting held in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on December 10, 2009.
“Bob Whitney has done a wonderful job as Interim Executive Director of Disability Rights Florida for Persons with Disabilities. The Board of Directors is excited about the future of the organization under Bob's leadership. His appointment is a big win for Floridians with disabilities,” Mr. Schoemann said.
“I am honored and excited by the opportunity to lead Disability Rights Florida’s efforts to support individuals with disabilities in Florida,” Mr. Whitney said.
Tags for this Postboard of directors, staff,
- Maryellen McDonald Appointed Interim Executive Director - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Board of Directors Names Maryellen McDonald as Executive Director - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Name. Same Protection and Advocacy. - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Managing Attorney Peter Sleasman Honored by Florida Bar - 1 tag match(es) (50%)
- With Sadness, We Announce the Upcoming Retirement of Bob Whitney, Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (50%)