Board of Directors Names Maryellen McDonald as Executive Director
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
The Board of Directors of Disability Rights Florida is proud to present Maryellen McDonald as its new Executive Director. Ms. McDonald joined Disability Rights Florida in January 2009 and was promoted to the role of Director of Legal and Advocacy Services in March of 2010. Ms. McDonald had served as Interim Executive Director since Bob Whitney's retirement at the end of 2013.
During her tenure at Disability Rights Florida, Ms. McDonald has advanced Disability Rights Florida's legal and advocacy work as well as acting as general counsel to the organization.
The announcement was made by Board Chair, Beth Piecora, at Disability Rights Florida's Quarterly Board of Directors meeting held in Tallahassee, Florida on March 13, 2014: "The Board of Directors of Disability Rights Florida is pleased to have hired Maryellen McDonald as our new Executive Director. Maryellen brings to this position the leadership ability to run the organization, as well as the legal knowledge and skills we need to protect the rights of Florida's most vulnerable population-Floridians with disabilities. We look forward to working with her and have confidence in her abilities to ensure that Disability Rights Florida continues its strong tradition of advocating for people with disabilities."
Tags for this Postboard of directors, staff,
- Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Maryellen McDonald Appointed Interim Executive Director - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Name. Same Protection and Advocacy. - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Beth Piecora Elected Chair of Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (50%)
- Disability Rights Florida Saddened by Loss of Staff Attorney Bryan Funk - 1 tag match(es) (50%)