Did you apply for unemployment compensation in the last 2 years?
Monday, May 13, 2013
Did you lose or get denied unemployment benefits for reasons you think are due to either your disability or your ability to speak English?
The federal government recently told the State of Florida that it is not treating persons with disabilities and persons who are not fluent in English fairly in the Unemployment Compensation program (now called Reemployment Assistance). If you are one of those people, you may be able to complain about what happened to you and get the benefits you lost. You must act immediately. The deadline is June 4th.
Please contact your local legal services program for further information on preparing a complaint. To find your local legal services program go to http://www.FloridaLawHelp.org or you may contact Disability Rights Florida.
Tags for this Postaccessibility, benefits, employment,
- Are you Prepared for Emergencies? - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Disability Rights Florida Settles Landmark Lawsuit Against Florida Department of Corrections - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Voter Protection Hotline and Survey - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- How Was Your Voting Experience? - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Personal Care Assistant Services for Children with Developmental Disabilities Restored - 1 tag match(es) (33%)