Did you apply for unemployment compensation in the last 2 years?
Monday, May 13, 2013
Did you lose or get denied unemployment benefits for reasons you think are due to either your disability or your ability to speak English?
The federal government recently told the State of Florida that it is not treating persons with disabilities and persons who are not fluent in English fairly in the Unemployment Compensation program (now called Reemployment Assistance). If you are one of those people, you may be able to complain about what happened to you and get the benefits you lost. You must act immediately. The deadline is June 4th.
Please contact your local legal services program for further information on preparing a complaint. To find your local legal services program go to http://www.FloridaLawHelp.org or you may contact Disability Rights Florida.
Tags for this Postaccessibility, benefits, employment,
- Tropical Storm Debby and Accessible Shelter - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- The National Down Syndrome Society and Disability Rights Florida Say #LetGarrettFight - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- 22nd Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act - June 26, 2012 - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Are You Registered to Vote? - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Did You Receive an iBudget Reduction? - 1 tag match(es) (33%)