Disability Rights Florida Saddened By Loss of Staff Attorney Bryan Funk
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
We are saddened to announce the loss of a valued member of the Disability Rights Florida team. Bryan Funk passed away on Friday evening, August 19, 2016, surrounded by his wife, family and friends. Bryan joined our staff in 2008 as a Legal Intern. Following Bryan’s graduation from FSU School of Law and subsequent admission to the Florida Bar, he joined the staff fulltime as a Staff Attorney. After five years at our Tallahassee Office, Bryan transferred to our Tampa office to be closer to family.
Much of Bryan’s work centered around guardianship, managed care and Medicaid Waivers. As a lead attorney on Wheaton v. Palmer, he developed standards for a state agency’s timeliness and processes for determining the increasing needs of individuals with developmental disabilities. He brought a passion to everything he did and deeply understood the challenges people with disabilities regularly overcome. Bryan was not only an outstanding legal advocate for his clients but could brighten anyone’s day with his warm personality and sense of humor. Bryan will be greatly missed by all of those who were fortunate enough to have known him. His family has asked those wishing to honor Bryan’s life with a gift to please direct donations to the Marfan Foundation.
Tags for this Poststaff,
- Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Attorney Stephanie Moore Joins Staff - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Maryellen McDonald appointed as Director of Legal & Advocacy Services - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Board of Directors Names Maryellen McDonald as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Disability Rights Florida Proudly Announces Appointment of Paul E. Liles as Senior Trial Counsel - 1 tag match(es) (100%)