Fifth Annual Behavioral Health Day at the Capitol on March 9
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Save the date and spread the word! The 5th Annual Behavioral Health Day will be held on Wednesday, March 9th, at the Capitol in Tallahassee, Florida.
We would like to collect data from each area of the state to report back to state legislators on the number of people in the communities that support mental health and substance abuse services. Please show your support for the need to maintain funding for Florida's mental health and substance abuse services.
- NAMI Walk - Registration starts at 9 am and walk begins at 10 am from the front steps of the Old Capitol. More information (link opens in a new window)
- Behavioral Health Day Rally at 11:30 am on the front steps of the Old Capitol
- Legislative Visits
- Behavioral Health Day Reception from 5:30 pm - 7 pm on the 22nd floor of the Capitol
The event is hosted by:
- Florida Council for Community Mental Health
- Florida Alcohol and Drug Abuse Association
- Florida Peer Network
- NAMI Florida
- Florida Partners in Crisis
- Disability Rights Florida
Download this flier (PDF, 2MB) to help you spread the word to your friends and colleagues.
Tags for this Postevent, legislature, mental illness, outreach, recovery,
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Day on March 23 - 3 tag match(es) (60%)
- Protecting Service Animal Access - 3 tag match(es) (60%)
- Disability Rights Florida Supports Affordable Housing - 2 tag match(es) (40%)
- Fasano Aide Speaks at Disability Rights Florida Conference - 2 tag match(es) (40%)
- 22nd Anniversary of Americans with Disabilities Act - June 26, 2012 - 2 tag match(es) (40%)