Maryellen McDonald appointed as Director of Legal & Advocacy Services
Friday, April 23, 2010
Disability Rights Florida proudly announces the appointment of Maryellen McDonald as Director of Legal & Advocacy Services. Ms. McDonald joined the staff of Disability Rights Florida as Supervising Attorney in 2009, and she has been instrumental in proposing and implementing mechanisms within our service delivery system to more effectively provide direct services to Floridians with disabilities. We look forward to her continued enhancements to our service delivery processes and structure as we move forward.
Ms. McDonald holds a Master’s degree in philosophy from Duke University, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Stetson University College of Law. Her background includes work as Assistant State Attorney in the 18th Judicial Circuit, Assistant General Counsel at the Florida Department of Corrections, Chief District Legal Counsel for the Florida Department of Children & Families, Assistant General Counsel for the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, Hospital Attorney for Florida State Hospital, and private practice. Her Florida Bar membership includes admissions in all US District Courts of Florida, and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Disability Rights Florida looks forward to Maryellen’s continued contributions in her new role, and we have every confidence that she will be successful!
Tags for this Poststaff,
- Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Board of Directors Names Maryellen McDonald as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Disability Rights Florida Proudly Announces Appointment of Paul E. Liles as Senior Trial Counsel - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Attorney Anthony James DePalma Joins Staff - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Disability Rights Florida announces the appointments to Directors of Legislative and Public Affairs - 1 tag match(es) (100%)