Maryellen McDonald Receives Stetson College of Law's William Reece Smith Jr. Public Service Award
Friday, January 29, 2016
Maryellen McDonald, executive director of Disability Rights Florida, is the latest recipient of the William Reece Smith Jr. Public Service Award. In 1990, this prestigious award was established by Stetson University’s College of Law to honor outstanding contributions to public service, the justice system, and the community.
In her acceptance speech, Ms. McDonald recognized Disability Rights Florida’s commitment to protecting individuals with disabilities: “I need to first thank all the lawyers and advocates of Disability Rights Florida for their dedication to advancing the rights of individuals with disabilities.” While describing Disability Rights Florida’s mission and background, Ms. McDonald discussed the many years of advocacy, progress, and the future: "[While] we have come a long way… There is still much work to do.”
Pictured above, from left to right, are Dean Christopher Pietruszkiewicz, Maryellen McDonald and Wm. Reece Smith Jr. Distinguished Professor of Law Judith Scully.
Tags for this Postevent, staff,
- Fasano Aide Speaks at Disability Rights Florida Conference - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Peter Sleasman and Kristen Lentz Join Staff - 1 tag match(es) (50%)
- Guardianship Trainings in Miami on July 30 - 31 and Orlando on August 13 - 14 - 1 tag match(es) (50%)
- Welcoming our Newest Staff Members - 1 tag match(es) (50%)
- Disability Rights Florida Launches “Access The Vote” Campaign - 1 tag match(es) (50%)