Monitoring Report: Homestead Emergency Temporary Shelter for Unaccompanied Children
Thursday, April 25, 2019
Disability Rights Florida has released a report with the findings and recommendations from a monitoring visit of the Homestead Temporary Shelter in Homestead, Florida. This facility is operated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
As Florida’s Protection and Advocacy system for people with disabilities, Disability Rights Florida has the federal authority to access the Homestead Temporary Shelter and monitor the treatment of children with disabilities who reside there.
Tags for this Postinstitutions, mental illness, report, special education,
- Settlement Could Offer More Options for People with Mental Illness - 2 tag match(es) (50%)
- Department of Corrections Sued over Inmate Abuse at the Dade Correctional Institution - 2 tag match(es) (50%)
- Monitoring and Investigation of Carlton Palms Educational Center: Results and Recommendations - 2 tag match(es) (50%)
- Disability Advocates Resolve Litigation with Florida Department of Corrections - 2 tag match(es) (50%)
- Disability Rights Florida Files Lawsuit Against Agency for Persons with Disabilities - 1 tag match(es) (25%)