Peter Schoemann Appointed as Chair of Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors
Monday, March 29, 2010
Disability Rights Florida, announces the appointment of Peter Schoemann as Chair of its Board of Directors. Mr. Schoemann is a Partner in the Orlando office of Broad and Cassel, Attorneys at Law. His areas of expertise include corporate law and tax law, and he has previously served as an attorney advisor to the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Schoemann holds a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree in accounting from the University of Florida Fisher School Of Accounting, and a Doctor of Jurisprudence with honors and LLM in Taxation from the University of Florida College Of Law. He is also a member of the Florida Bar.
Mr. Schoemann’s community involvement, based on his experience in raising two children with autism and on his business background, includes the following affiliations: Founder and Chairman of the Chamber of Commerce for Persons with Disabilities, Inc.; Founder and Board member of the Central Florida Disability Chamber; Board member of the Center for Independent Living in Central Florida, Inc.; Board member, Executive Committee member, and Chair of the Economic Development Committee of the Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce; and Board member of Envision Seminole.
Mr. Schoemann has served on Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors since July 2005, and he also currently serves as Chair of its Finance Committee.
Tags for this Postboard of directors,
- Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Disability Rights Florida is Accepting Applications to its Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Name. Same Protection and Advocacy. - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Beth Piecora Elected Chair of Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Maryellen McDonald Appointed Interim Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)