SB 2118 Regarding Students with Disabilities/Seclusion/Restraint in Committee on Tuesday, March 23
Friday, March 19, 2010
Senate Bill 2118, a priority bill for Disability Rights Florida, will be heard by the Senate Education PreK-12 Committee on Tuesday, March 23, 2010, at 3:15 pm in Room 301 of the Senate Office Building.
Introduced by Senator Andy Gardiner, the bill limits schools’ use of manual physical restraint to emergency situations only. It also mandates training on manual physical restraints for school personnel and prohibits the most dangerous forms of restraint, as well as seclusion.
For more information, please contact Sylvia Smith, Public Policy Coordinator at Disability Rights Florida, at 850-488-9071, etc. 208, or 800-342-0823, ext. 208.
Tags for this Postlegislature, restraint and seclusion, special education,
- Update on Bills related to School Restraint/Seclusion on Students with Disabilities SB 2118/HB 1073 - 3 tag match(es) (100%)
- Safer Schools - 3 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Protections against Abusive Restraint and Seclusion of Students with Disabilities - 3 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Protections against Abusive Restraint and Seclusion of Students with Disabilities to Become Law - 3 tag match(es) (100%)
- Students with Disabilities/Seclusion/Restraint (SB 2118) filed by Senator Andy Gardiner - 3 tag match(es) (100%)