Disability Rights Florida is Accepting Applications to its Board of Directors
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Disability Rights Florida, is seeking individuals with disabilities, family members, health and human services professionals and attorneys to serve on our Board of Directors. Candidates should have a demonstrated personal or professional background in disability-related issues and support the mission of Disability Rights Florida, which is to advance the quality of life, dignity, equality, self-determination, and freedom of choice of persons with disabilities through collaboration, education, advocacy, as well as legal and legislative strategies.
Disability Rights Florida is the official protection and advocacy system designated by executive order of the governor for the State of Florida, and has authority and responsibility under eight federal programs. We are a statewide, not-for-profit corporation, whose goals are established each year by our Board of Directors. The Board of Directors meets four times per year and serves without compensation. Members are reimbursed for travel and certain other expenses related to their service. Our Board of Directors is a governing board that adopts certain policies, determines annual grant and program priorities and establishes annual funding levels. Fundraising is not required.
Interested individuals may obtain information and an application by visiting Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors page, or by mailing the Executive Director, Disability Rights Florida, 2728 Centerview Drive, Suite 102, Tallahassee, FL 32301, or calling (800) 342-0823, ext. 219.
Tags for this Postboard of directors,
- Disability Rights Florida Saddened by Loss of Former Board Member Milton Aponte - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Make an Impact: Join our Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Board of Directors Welcome Robert E. Whitney as Executive Director - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- Peter Schoemann Appointed as Chair of the Disability Rights Florida’s Board of Directors - 1 tag match(es) (100%)
- New Name. Same Protection and Advocacy. - 1 tag match(es) (100%)