Tropical Storm Debby and Accessible Shelter
Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Tropical storm Debby affected several areas of Florida, forcing many to seek emergency assistance. Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) generally requires that standard shelters, Special Needs Shelters and emergency services and supports must be accessible to people with disabilities.
If you are a person with a disability and have just had or are currently having problems with accessible emergency programs and/or shelters, please call Disability Rights Florida at 1-800-342-0823.
For the latest information on shelters, evacuation routes and evacuation zones, visit FloridaDisaster.org.
Please also visit our Disaster & Emergency Planning page for additional information.
Tags for this Postaccessibility, disasters and emergencies,
- Ready to be Ready? - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Hurricane Season Starts June 1st - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- Are you Prepared for Emergencies? - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- It’s Hurricane Season: Are You Prepared? - 2 tag match(es) (100%)
- The National Down Syndrome Society and Disability Rights Florida Say #LetGarrettFight - 1 tag match(es) (50%)