Long Range Plan
On September 21, 2012, Disability Rights Florida's Board of Directors adopted a Strategic Long Range Plan for the period 2013 - 2017.
Goals and Objectives
- Strengthen Our Impact on the Quality and Availability of Services and Supports for Individuals with Disabilities.
- Identify systemic weaknesses impacting individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and execute strategies to remedy weaknesses in the system.
- Enhance opportunities for full participation in the community by people with disabilities.
- Strengthen relationships with elected officials in order to achieve desired systemic outcomes.
- Improve public knowledge of disability issues through communication of results of investigations, monitoring and systemic advocacy.
- Continue Development of a Sound Organizational Structure to Ensure an Effective and Fiscally Viable Nonprofit Corporation.
- Implement an internal development plan that ensures orderly succession of organizational leadership.
- Utilize technology to maximize staff productivity.
- Advance solutions to mitigate diminishing resources.
- Develop a diverse workforce for successful service delivery.
- Enhance Our Reputation through Improved Communication, Collaboration and Representation.
- Educate policy makers about the importance of the P&A’s mission, priorities and services.
- Improve our reputation for excellence within the legal community.
- Strengthen the quality of our community partnerships.
- Strengthen our relationship and credibility with the media and increase overall public engagement.