New Name. Same Protection and Advocacy.
Monday, January 10, 2011
The Advocacy Center for Persons with Disabilities is now Disability Rights Florida.
- Designated protection and advocacy system for individuals with disabilities in the State of Florida.
- Authority and responsibility under eight federal programs.
- Statewide not-for-profit corporation.
- Provides information & referral, self-advocacy support, advocacy services, dispute resolution representation, systemic advocacy, facility and program monitoring, community education and outreach.
- Educates policy makers about the needs of people with disabilities in areas such as abuse/neglect, health care, community resources, education, employment, housing, transportation and access to voting.
Tags for this Postboard of directors, media, staff,
- Disability Rights Florida Proud to Introduce Michael Brogioli as New Executive Director - 2 tag match(es) (67%)
- Disability Rights Florida Saddened by Loss of Former Board Member Milton Aponte - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Governor Scott Appoints Ann Robinson to the Florida Rehabilitation Council - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Staff Spotlight: Wendy Vance - 1 tag match(es) (33%)
- Welcoming our Newest Staff Members - 1 tag match(es) (33%)